FinTech for Breakfast
Held on September 28 2016
With support from Dentons
Izabella Kaminska (FT Alphaville)
Matthew Gardiner (founder, Catch London)
What has happened in the FinTech world during the summer break? A few developments come to mind, but I am sure that our usual guide, Izabella Kaminska of FT Alphaville, will add plenty more to the list (and, I hope, you will too):
- the Cambridge Centre for Alternative Finance released its “2nd European Alternative Finance Industry Report”;
- Freetrade announced that it will launch a mobile app-based, “commission-free” share dealing platform in the UK;
- Facebook announced that its Messenger chatbots will now accept payments;
- Ripple raised $55m in a Series B funding round; and
- SWIFT’s Innotribe and the UK’s Innovate Finance revealed a 20-city FinTech federation to be launched at Sibos later this month.
Backing up her, I am delighted to say, will be Matthew Gardiner, founder of tech consultancy Catch London, which advises financial institutions on blockchain, payments, compliance, risk, cyber-security and data architectures.