FinTech for Breakfast
Held on Tuesday, October 3, 2017.
With support from Dentons
Kadhim Shubber (FT Alphaville)
Chris O'Driscoll (PA Consulting)
Our regular anchor, Izabella Kaminska, is off for a break this month. Thankfully, Kadhim Shubber, also of FT Alphaville, has once again agreed to step in and guide us through this month’s big FinTech stories.
Alongside Kadhim will be Chris O’Driscoll, a managing consultant at PA Consulting Group who leads their work on disruption in financial services.
So what’s been happening? Chris and Kadhim will no doubt have plenty of views, but as a flavour of this month’s news:
- Both Equifax and the SEC have been forced to disclose significant cyber intrusions;
- The Bundesbank and the BIS both issued their views on the topic of blockchain and payments;
- Goldman Sachs unveiled ambitious hopes for its online lending start-up (and acquired UK FinTech, Neyber);
- Autonomous Research weighed up the big banks’ tech progress and potential;
- Barclays’s former CEO Antony Jenkins raised £34m for his 10x venture; and
- American VC firm Social Capital proposed an alternative to floatation for young tech companies (and raised $600m to facilitate this – via IPO).
If you (or a friend/colleague) would like to join us to share your own experiences, please let us know by calling 0207 621 1056 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. As usual, thanks to Dentons’s hospitality, there will be tea, coffee and buns.