FinTech for Breakfast (36)
Held on Wednesday, December 12, 2018
With support from Dentons
Jemima Kelly (FT Alphaville)
Rob Churcher (PwC)
What can we expect from FinTech between now and the New Year? A few developments come to mind, but I am sure that our usual guide, Jemima Kelly, of FT Alphaville, will add plenty more to the list (and, I hope, you will too – please do send your suggestions to email@example.com).
This month’s guest panellist, Rob Churcher, leads PwC’s push into high growth investments, particularly in the FinTech sector. On the menu so far this month:
• Bitcoin looks to be ending the year as it began, with a sharp fall in price;
• Starling and Monzo have introducing a “gambling block” function for their customers;
• US insurance firms have started to monitor data directly from consumers’ medical devices;
• The EC has announced plans for an “International Association for Trusted Blockchain Applications”; and
• The IMF claimed that Central Bank Digital Currency could be “the next milestone in the evolution of money”.
If you (or a colleague) would like to join us, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling the office on 020 7621 1056. Thanks to our friends at Dentons, there will be plenty of tea, coffee and sticky buns to keep us going.